Works Council Work for starters
As a newly elected works council member, you have a lot to deal with. It is important to know what the task, role and position of the works council (WoCo) is and what possibilities a works council has to be able to influence company policy and get results. It is important for you to get up to speed quickly, so that you can take up your own place in the works council and become an effective member of this forum of workers’ representatives.
This training gives you insight into the tasks and rights of the WoCo, practical working methods and communication with the director and staff in a multinational environment.
Apart from short introductions, you get the opportunity to practice and deepen your skills and to discuss your experiences with WoCo members from other international organisations.
After the training:
- You know what the position, tasks and rights of the WoCo are;
- You have insight into the way WoCo work is and can be organised efficiently;
- You have gained insight into the chances and pitfalls of communication with an international community of staff;
- You have improved your negotiation and decision-making skills;
- You are able to apply your new knowledge and skills with the help of a personal action plan.